Sat, 13 Jul|
Pines Farm, Bolton BL2 4JP, UK
West Pennine Way Endurance Weekend 2024
50 miles. Two Days. One Epic Weekend!
Time & Location
13 Jul 2024, 06:00 – 14 Jul 2024, 18:00
Pines Farm, Bolton BL2 4JP, UK
About the Event
The West Pennine Way Weekend:
The route is a challenging 50 mile loop of the West Pennine Moors with over 8500ft of ascent starting from and ending near the Jumbles Country Park.
This is an incredible route covering Winter Hill, Anglezarke Moor, Great Hill, Darwen Moor, Clough Head, Holcombe Moor and Affetside.
There's an abundance of stunning reservoirs and open moorland; plus you pass iconic landmarks such as:
- Winter Hill Transmitting Mast
- Two Lads cairns
- Rivington Pike
- Pigeon Tower and Rivington Terraced Gardens
- Jubliee Tower
- Peel Tower
This event is about completing the challenging distance with the camaraderie of other like-minded people around you – there should be no desire to ‘beat’ anyone or break any records and our friendly guides will be running / hiking the whole route with you to offer a supportive pep talk when required.
However, we also won’t be offended if you do want to push on ahead without us.
You have three options:
1. Complete the 50 mile route over two days with an overnight stay at Brocklehead Campsite including evening food and breakfast (Campsite must be booked separately)
2. Complete the the 50 mile route over two days without an overnight stay
3. Complete Day 1 only (29 miles)
• Finisher medal & WPW T-shirt (or Sunnywood neck gaiter for those that just complete Day 1)
• Run / Hike guides throughout the route.
• Regular check points with ample aid station food and drink supplies
• Secure car parking at the start / finish line.
• Evening meal and breakfast options.
• Waterproof jacket and trousers
• Spare warm layer
• Hat and gloves
• Ability to carry a minimum 1 litre of water
• Reusable cup for aid stations
• Fully charged mobile phone, with OS Maps or OS Locate app installed (additional powerbank to charge if using for navigation)
• Map e.g. print of route, or Ordnance Survey 287. (Route links and GPX will be provided)
• Survival blanket or bag
• First aid kit. Personal care and medicines, Compeed/blister plasters, etc
• Suitable trail shoes or boots
• Personal snacks/food
• Head torch or other suitable light source (not phone)
Please find the route links below, however these are subject to change. Full route details and GPX files will be provided in the week prior to the event.
Booking the Campsite:
Brockleadhed Campsite have a range of options from basic tent pitches to luxury glamping pods and campervan pitches.
Head to their website to select the option that suits you and let them know that you are part of The Sunnywood Project event on your booking form.
Note: if you require basic tent pitch without electric, you will need to message the campsite directly and state that you are part of The Sunnywood Project event.
As a non-profit, charitable organisation, dedicated to using the outdoors to enrich lives, the proceeds from all our adventures help fund and sustain our youth service and other community activities that promote the benefits of embracing the outdoors.
With the emphasis on exploration to improve physical, mental and social wellbeing and less about competitive times or distances, our adventures are all led by a qualified, knowledgeable and experienced team who will provide encouragement, support and humour along the way.
If you haven’t joined us before, check out this video to get a sense of what we’re about - we look forward to you joining us for the West Pennine Way adventure!
𝙅𝙤𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙙𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚
𝘽𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙮
- Sale ends: 31 Dec, 00:00
Early Bird West Pennine Way
Food and breakfast options on the Saturday evening and Sunday morning, served at 7pm and 7am respectively. Evening meal will be a choice of meat & potato/cheese & onion pie with peas/beans, or vegan chilli with rice. Breakfast will be sausage, egg muffins, plus vegan option available.From £69.00 to £79.00
- Sale ends: 01 Jul 2024, 00:00
West Pennine Way Day 1 2024
13th July 2024 Approximately 30 miles from the West Pennine Way Endurance Weekend start near Jumbles Country Park to Brocklehead Campsite. Food option served at 7pm, Pie and peas/beans or vegan chilli with rice. This is a point to point route, where you will be required to organise your own transport.From £45.00 to £51.00