Sat, 23 Mar|
The Double Link
A 40-mile endurance event.
Time & Location
23 Mar 2024, 06:00 – 19:00
Bury, Woodhill Rd, Bury BL8 1DA, UK
About the Event
The Double Link.
The Village Link connects all of Bury’s historical villages and is mainly on trail paths passing by a series of iconic landmarks, woodland and open meadow - truly showcasing the stunning green spaces around the town.
The route passes through the villages of Nangreaves, Holcombe, Hawkshaw, Affetside, Ainsworth and Greenmount.
The Double Link is simply two laps of the Village Link route in opposite directions: a distance of 40 miles!
Upon finsihing the first lap, you'll ring the bell, before heading back along the route in reverse.
With a generous cut-off time of 13 hours, this event is about completing the challenging distance with the camaraderie of other like-minded people around you – there should be no desire to ‘beat’ anyone or break any records and our friendly Aid Station teams will be there to offer a supportive pep talk when required.
If 40 miles sounds too challenging, we also have the Link Challenge taking place on the same day: a single 20 mile lap.
Details about the 20 mile Link Challenge can be found here.
In prepartion for for The Double Link, you may wish to consider joining us for the 20 mile Link Challenge in October 2023.
Details for this event can be found here.
• Finisher Sunnywood neck gaiter and unique memento
• Regular check points with ample aid station food and drink supplies
• Secure car parking at the start / finish line.
• Waterproof jacket and trousers
• Spare warm layer
• Hat and gloves
• Ability to carry a minimum 1 litre of water
• Reusable cup for aid stations
• Fully charged mobile phone, with OS Maps or OS Locate app installed (additional powerbank to charge if using for navigation)
• Map e.g. print of route, or Ordnance Survey 287. (Route links and GPX will be provided)
• Survival blanket or bag
• First aid kit. Personal care and medicines, Compeed/blister plasters, etc
• Suitable trail shoes or boots
• Personal snacks/food
• Head torch or other suitable light source (not phone)
Please find the route links below, however these are subject to change. Full route details and GPX files will be provided in the week prior to the event.
Further information about the Village Link and it's formation by Bury Rural Inequalities Forum (BRIF) can be found on their website here:
As a non-profit, charitable organisation, dedicated to using the outdoors to enrich lives, the proceeds from all our adventures help fund and sustain our youth service and other community activities that promote the benefits of embracing the outdoors.
With the emphasis on exploration to improve physical, mental and social wellbeing and less about competitive times or distances, our adventures are all led by a qualified, knowledgeable and experienced team who will provide encouragement, support and humour along the way.
If you haven’t joined us before, check out this video to get a sense of what we’re about - we look forward to you joining us for The Double Link!
𝙅𝙤𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙙𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚
𝘽𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙮
The Double Link£49.00