Kirklees Level 3
Level Up with The Sunnywood Project’s Time Trial Challenge
The Sunnywood Project Time Trials are a series of brand new, awesome self-led games designed to challenge you to get outside, get active and explore some of Bury’s local trial routes with the family.
Stage 1: Choose Your Setting There are currently three Time Trial game settings to choose from:
Kirklees Valley Local Nature Reserve
Clarence Park & Chesham Woods
Close Park, Radcliffe
Stage 2: Choose your Level of difficulty: Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 The Levels vary in their distance and difficulty.
Level 1 is less than 1km whereas Level 3 is around 5km.
Stage 3: Set your timer on your phone or watch to record how long it takes your team to walk, jog or run your chosen route.
Follow the map and marker signs along the route.
Remember, this is a team effort –don’t leave anyone behind!
Once your whole team crosses the finish line, don’t forget to stop your timer!
Scan the QR code on completion of your chosen route to register your team’s time on The Sunnywood Project’s leaderboard. And leave a supportive message for other teams to read too.
Once we receive your team’s time, you will then be sent your team’s finisher certificate. Send us a photo of your team on completion of the route so we can also celebrate your success on The Sunnywood Project’s social media.
Ultimate Time Trial Challenge
Looking for an even greater challenge with your team? Complete all three routes in each of the three locations to have your team’s name appear on our ‘Hall of Fame’ page on The Sunnywood Project website.
Kirklees Level 3
LEVEL 3: MEGA ADVENTURE
Starting Location: South Royde Stree, Tottington at the head of the Totty Snake
Distance: 3.3 KM
Start and end your route at the Time Trial Level 3 sign.
Don't forget to use your phone or watch to time yourself or each other.
Remember, you can Hike, Jog or Run, or do a mixture of all three.
To upload your time, please scan the QR code or scroll down to the bottom of this page.
1. Starting at the head of The Totty Snake, follow the path towards Greenmount going under the railway bridge and over the viaduct.
2. Take a right turn at Shepherd Street towards Tower Farm where you take another right turn down the cobbles and along the trail path over the footbridge.
3.Continue along the trail path until you reach the T junction at the Wishing Stone
4. Take a left turn and down over the footbridge past the Holcombe Hounds.
5. Take a sharp right turn at the estate before you reach Kirklees Lodge and follow the narrow trail path at the right of the road then turn right over the footbridge before taking a sharp right turn at The Coffin Lodge.
6. Follow the footpath along the side of the brook and then climb the steps where you take a left turn up the hill and continue along the trail path to the end.
7. At the junction take a right turn following the trail path
8. Once you are back on The Lines path, turn right until you reach the head of the Totty Snake.
This GPX file will allow you to view the route on your mobile device. To use this GPX file, you will need to download a GPX compatible app such as Osmaps, GPX tracker or GPX viewer.
If you are unable to use the GPX you can view the map and instructions below and follow the way markers.