Sat, 18 May|
Burrs Country Park
Yorkshire Three Peaks 2024
24 miles and three mountains. A classic outing!
Time & Location
18 May 2024, 06:00 – 22:00
Burrs Country Park, Woodhill Rd, Bury BL8 1DA, UK
About the Event
Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge 2024
Hike or Run the iconic Yorkshire Three Peaks with The Sunnywood Project.
Starting in Hortonin Ribblesdale, The Yorkshire Three Peaks route climbs Pen-y-Ghent, Whernside, and Ingleborough: a 24.5 mile route with almost 5600ft of ascent.
- Travel to and from Horton by coach (leaving from the Burrs Country Park)
- Two thoroughly well-stocked Aid Stations
- A donation to the Yorkshire Dales National Park to support their conservation work.
- Friendly and knowledgeable guides to support you for the duration of the event.
- Sunnywood mini trig-point memento and certificate
What happens on the day:
The coach will leave from Burrs Country Park, Bury for all Hikers and Runners at 0600hrs.
Upon arriving at Horton in Ribblesdale, we'll aim to start the challenge approximately at 0745hrs
The first return coach trip will be at 1700hrs (allowing 9 hours for the challenge)
The second return coach trip will be at 2100hrs (allowing 13 hours for the challenge)
• Waterproof jacket and trousers
• Spare warm layer
• Hat and gloves
• Ability to carry a minimum 1 litre of water
• Reusable cup for aid stations
• Fully charged mobile phone, with OS Maps or OS Locate app installed (additional powerbank to charge if using for navigation)
• Survival blanket or bag
• First aid kit. Personal care and medicines, Compeed/blister plasters, etc
• Suitable trail shoes or boots
• Personal snacks/food
• Head torch or other suitable light source (not phone)
You can view the Yorkshire Three Peaks route here: Yorkshire Three Peaks
Why adventure with The Sunnywood Project?
As a non-profit, charitable organisation, dedicated to using the outdoors to enrich lives, we are constitutionally bound to ensure that proceeds are used to benefit young people and the community with the following aims in mind:
- To promote compassion, kindness and a positive society
- To encourage maintaining a physically and mentally healthy lifestyle
- To support the development of social skills and self-regulation of emotions
- To enable people to participate in society as mature, independent and responsible individuals
- To inspire challenging, but achievable personal goals
And, you can be certain of quality!
Each of our adventures are skilfully led by a qualified team with a wealth of experience and expertise.
A dedicated team with a range of Run and Hike leadership qualifications that cover trails; open moorland; fells; and mountainous terrain - and all with up to date Outdoor First Aid.
Plus, we absolutely love what we do - we care about your experience; your personal journey and your reasons for joining us.
Like all of our events, this is NOT a race: this event is simply about completing the challenge with the camaraderie of other like-minded people around you – there should be no desire to ‘beat’ anyone or break any records and our friendly guides will be running / hiking the whole route with you to offer a supportive pep talk when required.
If you haven’t joined us before, check out this video to get a sense of what we’re about.
we look forward to you joining us for the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge 2024.
𝙅𝙤𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙙𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚;
𝘽𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙮;
Explore. Learn. Grow.
Yorkshire Three Peaks 2024£66.00