Sat, 19 Oct|
Winfields Outdoors - Haslingden
Rossendale Way In A Day 2024
Complete the challenging but stunning 43 mile Rossendale Way In A Day.
Time & Location
19 Oct 2024, 07:00 – 23:00
Winfields Outdoors - Haslingden, Hazel Mill, Blackburn Road, Haslingden, Acre, Lancashire BB4 5DD, UK
About the Event
Take on the whole of the challenging, yet stunning 43 mile, 5825ft of ascent loop, of the Rossendale Way in a day as a Runner or Hiker with this fully supported endurance event.
The Rossendale Way is an undulating route that will provide rewarding views across Bacup, Rawtenstall, Haslingden and Whitworth.
You'll cross over open moorland; pass by reservoirs and through ancient woodland.
Like all of our events, this is NOT a race: this event is simply about completing the distance with the camaraderie of other like-minded people around you – there should be no desire to ‘beat’ anyone or break any records and our friendly team will be on hand to offer a supportive pep talk when required. However, we also won’t be offended if you do want to push on ahead without us.
You will have 16 hours to complete the event, with timed safety cut-offs at the later aid stations.
• Regular check points with ample aid station food and drink supplies
• Secure car parking at the start / finish line.
• Sunnywood neck gaiter
• Sunnywood Rossendale Way memento
• Waterproof jacket and trousers
• Spare warm layer
• Hat and gloves
• Ability to carry a minimum 1 litre of water
• Reusable cup for aid stations
• Fully charged mobile phone, with OS Maps or OS Locate app installed (additional powerbank to charge if using for navigation)
• Map e.g. print of route, or Ordnance Survey 287 & OL21. (Route links and GPX will be provided)
• Survival blanket or bag
• First aid kit. Personal care and medicines, Compeed/blister plasters, etc
• Suitable trail shoes or boots
• Personal snacks/food
• Head torch or other suitable light source (not phone)
Please find the route links below, however these are subject to change. Full route details and GPX files will be provided in the week prior to the event.
Why adventure with The Sunnywood Project?
As a non-profit, charitable organisation, dedicated to using the outdoors to enrich lives, we are constitutionally bound to ensure that proceeds are used to benefit young people and the community with the following aims in mind:
💚 To promote compassion, kindness and a positive society
💚 To encourage maintaining a physically and mentally healthy lifestyle
💚 To support the development of social skills and self-regulation of emotions
💚 To enable people to participate in society as mature, independent and responsible individuals
💚 To inspire challenging, but achievable personal goals
If you haven’t joined us before, check out this video to get a sense of what we’re about - we look forward to you joining us for Rossendale Way in a Day.
𝙅𝙤𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙙𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚
𝘽𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙮
Rossendale Way In A Day 2024£49.00