Mon, 01 Jan|
Lumb Carr Road Car Park, Holcombe
New Year's Day Hike / Run
Join us for a celebratory hike or run to see in the New Year!
Time & Location
01 Jan 2024, 08:30 – 11:00
Lumb Carr Road Car Park, Holcombe, Lumb Carr Rd, Holcombe, Bury BL8 4NN, UK
About the Event
See in the New Year in true Sunnywood Style with a supportive run or hike across beautiful Holcombe Moor!
Our NYD route will be around the usual 4-6 miles at an easy, social pace with plenty of opportunity for rest breaks and to take photos of the scenery.
Here's what you need to know:
- Dogs are welcome: However please keep them on a lead no more than 2m in length at all times.
- The route: Between 7 - 9km / 4.5 - 6 miles in length and typically involves around 280m / 920 feet of ascent, some of which may be considered steep. The route encompasses a variety of footpath and bridleway, both rocky and muddy, and moorland which can be wet and boggy.
- The Sunnywood Project strives to be a Leave No Trace organisation: We ask that, as best we can, we leave only footprints. Do not drop any litter – anyone caught doing so will not be welcome back on a Sunnywood Project event.
- Start time and duration: We will aim to set off at 08:30am. The event typically takes 2hrs 15mins to 2hrs 45mins depending on pace and enjoyment – As this is a supportive, group event accommodating a range of abilities, please consider the latest time advertised if making plans after the event.
What to bring:
- Ensure you are dressed for the forecast weather for the event - Please check before arrival and ensure you are dressed appropriately
- Sturdy footwear such as hiking boots or walking shoes
- Layers – The temperature will reduce as the event proceeds and can be 2-3°C different on top of the moors
- Please ensure you bring a waterproof outer layer, top and bottoms
- Snacks and water for the duration
- Hiking poles are optional
- Fully charged phone
- We recommend having the OS Locate and What3Words Apps installed
Hike£4.00+£0.10 service fee
Run£4.00+£0.10 service fee