Sat, 31 Aug|
Burrs Country Park
Monument Marathon 2024
This challenging 26 mile loop connects 6 of Bury's historic Towers!
Time & Location
31 Aug 2024, 06:00 – 19:00
Burrs Country Park, Woodhill Rd, Bury BL8 1DA, UK
About the Event
Take on the whole of the challenging, yet beautiful, Monument Marathon in a day as a Runner or Hiker with this fully supported and guided endurance event.
This challenging 26 mile loop connects 6 of Bury's historic Towers. Mostly on trail paths, you'll pass through country parks, along waterways, as you visit the 6 towers of our Tower Tour series.
Bradshaw Hall, Tentering Tower, Radcliffe Tower, Turton Tower, Grant's Tower and Peel Tower.
Like all of our events, this is NOT a race: this event is simply about completing the distance with the camaraderie of other like-minded people around you – there should be no desire to ‘beat’ anyone or break any records and our friendly guides will be running / hiking the whole route with you to offer a supportive pep talk when required. However, we also won’t be offended if you do want to push on ahead without us.
• Finisher Sunnywood neck gaiter and unique memento
• Regular check points with ample aid station food and drink supplies
• Secure car parking at the start / finish line.
• Waterproof jacket and trousers
• Spare warm layer
• Hat and gloves
• Ability to carry a minimum 1 litre of water
• Reusable cup for aid stations
• Fully charged mobile phone, with OS Maps or OS Locate app installed (additional powerbank to charge if using for navigation)
• Map e.g. print of route, or Ordnance Survey 287. (Route links and GPX will be provided)
• Survival blanket or bag
• First aid kit. Personal care and medicines, Compeed/blister plasters, etc
• Suitable trail shoes or boots
• Personal snacks/food
• Head torch or other suitable light source (not phone)
Please find the route links below, however these are subject to change. Full route details and GPX files will be provided in the week prior to the event.
As a non-profit, charitable organisation, dedicated to using the outdoors to enrich lives, the proceeds from all our adventures help fund and sustain our youth service and other community activities that promote the benefits of embracing the outdoors.
With the emphasis on exploration to improve physical, mental and social wellbeing and less about competitive times or distances, our adventures are all led by a qualified, knowledgeable and experienced team who will provide encouragement, support and humour along the way.
If you haven’t joined us before, check out this video to get a sense of what we’re about - we look forward to you joining us for the Monument Marathon!
𝙅𝙤𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙙𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚
𝘽𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙮
- Sale ends: 19 Aug 2024, 00:00
Monument Marathon 2024£36.00