Sun, 31 Mar|
Bag enough hill reps to ascend Everest, alone or as a team
Time & Location
31 Mar 2024, 07:00 – 01 Apr 2024, 07:00
Bury, Lumb Carr Rd, Bury, UK
About the Event
We have calculated that it will take almost 90 repeated ascents to Peel Tower on Holcombe Moor to reach the equivalent height of Mount Everest.
So, how many repeated ascents do you think you could complete in 12 hours?
For this brutal challenge, you will team up with your fellow Hikers and Runners so that your collective total ascents will be the equivalent of climbing Mount Everest!
- As a pair, it would mean that you would each have to ascend the hill 45 times.
- As a group of 4, it would mean that you would each have to ascend the hill 23 times.
- As a group of 6, it would mean that you would each have to ascend the hill 15 times.
The ascent to Peel Tower is along the main bridleway from Moorbottom Road - the distance is roughly 1 mile from the bottom to the tower and back down again.
Upon reaching the tower, your team's repeated ascents will be tallied providing you with regular updates as you approach the 'Everest summit'.
Furthermore, we'll be opening Peel Tower so your family and friends can spectate and cheer you on from the top of the tower - and, of course, your very final ascent has to be to the top of Peel Tower too!
With a well-stocked Aid Station to keep your energy levels up and an awesome Everest Challenge T-shirt for all participants - are you ready to ascend the height of Mount Everest?
We would be grateful if you could use this challenge to help us raise funds for our youth provision and activities.
- £500 will cover the equipment cost of a Duke of Edinburgh expedition
- £400 will cover the cost of a place on our 6-week SPACE programme
- £300 will cover the cost of a term's resources for Kindling Kids or Sunnywood Squad
Our Crowdfunding page can be found here: Sunnywood Crowdfunding Page
Everest Challenge 2024From £30.00 to £60.00
- £30.00+£0.75 service fee
- £48.00+£1.20 service fee
- £60.00+£1.50 service fee