Thu, 22 Feb|
Duke of Edinburgh's Award Training: Navigation & Map Skills
Practical training in preparation for your DofE Expedition
Time & Location
22 Feb 2024, 09:30 – 15:30
Bury, Bury BL8 4NR, UK
About the Event
Duke of Edinburgh's Award Training: Navigation & Map Skills Day
The Sunnywood Project is proudly a Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Approved Activity Provider (AAP).
An AAP License is a quality standard which demonstrates that The Sunnywood Project’s training programmes and expedition packages meet the requirements of the DofE Expedition sections.
Individuals, schools, colleges, youth groups and other organisations can use our services to support their preparation for the Expedition section of the awards with full confidence knowing that it will meet the required standard.
This one-day training course covers criteria outlined in the 'Navigation and Route Planning' section of the DofE Expedition Training Framework:
Expedition Framework can be found here.
Led by a qualfied team with a wealth of outdoor expertise, teaching and youthwork; delivery of the content will be differentiated according to the the level of the award participants are currently working toward - please specify this on the booking form.
Dates and training locations:
We have training sceduled in the following locations - please select the date using the button above for your desired location.
- 22/2/24 - Holcombe Moor, Bury
- 05/04/24 - Holcombe Moor, Bury
- 30/05/24 - Scout Moor, Rochdale
- 04/08/24 - Rivington, Bolton
If you are look for Expedition Skills and Campcraft training click here.
Should you require a bespoke package within the area and/or similar terrain to that of your intended expedition, please contact the team directly via email:
We ask that participants are equipped to spend the day outdoors and, potentially, in remote areas - please ensure you bring the necessary kit to ensure your comfort and safety on the day:
• Waterproof jacket and trousers
• Spare warm layer
• Hat and gloves
• 1 litre of water
• Fully charged mobile phone
• Suitable trail shoes or boots
• Personal snacks and lunch
What we will provide:
• Compass (if you have your own and would prefer to use yours, that is also not a problem)
• Timing card / romer
NOTE: a minimum of six participants is required in order to faciliate this training day.
Why adventure with The Sunnywood Project?
As a non-profit, charitable organisation, dedicated to using the outdoors to enrich lives, we are constitutionally bound to ensure that proceeds are used to benefit young people and the community with the following aims in mind:
- To promote compassion, kindness and a positive society
- To encourage maintaining a physically and mentally healthy lifestyle
- To support the development of social skills and self-regulation of emotions
- To enable people to participate in society as mature, independent and responsible individuals
- To inspire challenging, but achievable personal goals
If you haven’t joined us before, check out this video to get a sense of what we’re about.
𝙅𝙤𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙙𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚;
𝘽𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙮;
Explore. Learn. Grow.
Navigation and Map Skills Day
1 day training in preparation for your expedition£49.00